Welcome to Rubrikk, the place where your work impacts the everyday life of millions of users! We are a product company that strives to offer valuable insight to our end-users, trying to lend them a helping hand in making better and more informed decisions in their search journey through industries like real estate, jobs, and cars.
We are currently looking for a System Support Specialist for our office in Cluj-Napoca.
Rubrikk is an advertising aggregator which collects data from various web portals. Customers and partners either upload their ads or a web crawler is configured to extract the ads from source portals. Setup of web crawling is handled by our first line of support crawler team.
Second line of support is the escalation point which cooperates with developers to solve the hard cases, find workarounds or develop tools to improve the process. This is where the fun is, where technology meets the reality of the business requirements. Not a single day is similar to another and you are in the middle of the action working closely with all our internal stakeholders. The support engineer is a part of a developer team and does not handle user issues.
- Monitor web crawler processes and act upon missing data, low quality and other abnormalities;
- Configure crawling web portals with parameters like domain, sub pages;
- Program extraction mapping with regular expressions or XPath;
- Handle support issues regarding quality of Ads in crawling and extraction;
- Troubleshooting of crawling and extraction issues from web crawlers;
- Account and user management of internal system, ftp account and similar;
- Interact with backend developer and stakeholders to resolve issues with content or web portal;
- Programming for automation and optimisation of content and support process.
- Knowledge about how the web works including browsers, DNS, HTTPS;
- Proven experience for minimum a year as a Support Engineer or similar role;
- Knowledge of data formats like XML and JSON;
- Experience in system administration, like account management, monitoring;
- Knowledge of SQL for data manipulation;
- Structured, organised, detail oriented;
- Communication skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Team player.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of XPath and regular expressions an advantage;
- Basic knowledge of Object Oriented Programming using C#, Java or others.
- Work in a modern environment with an international, young and dynamic team;
- Flexible working schedule with core hours between 10-15;
- Training and support;
- Private health insurance;
- Meal tickets;
- Lunch break included in the working hours (meaning that you work 7.5, but you get paid for 8);
- Social events;
- Great diversity with people from multiple nationalities working in the company.