Welcome to Rubrikk, the place where your work impacts the everyday life of millions of users! We are a product company that strives to offer valuable insight to our end-users, trying to lend them a helping hand in making better and more informed decisions in their search journey through industries like real estate, jobs, and cars.
We are currently looking for Web Crawling Operators for our office in Cluj-Napoca.
The ideal candidates are tech savvy students that want to start their career as web crawling operators in an international company. The day to day tasks entail analysing the HTML of websites to be crawled, finding API endpoints by using the browser developer tools and configuring our in-house built web crawler, using XPATH and Regex.
In this role, you work together with the colleagues responsible for the Rubrikk portals to set up extractions from various advertising portals. You work independently on the technical tasks with support from our support engineers and backend developers.
This is a part-time position, so you can balance your student activities. You will manage to participate both in classes at your University and also to join the teams in our office located in Cluj-Napoca city.
As a web crawling operator, you will manage the technical configuration of the crawler and parser applications to crawl Ads. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor the crawler to ensure that there are no broken sources;
- Configure crawling web portals with parameters like domain, sub pages;
- Program extraction mapping with regular expressions or XPath;
- Test crawling and extractions from web portals;
- Handle support issues regarding quality of Ads in crawling and extraction;
- Troubleshooting of crawling and extraction issues.
- Fluent in English;
- Basic knowledge about how the web works including browsers, DNS, HTTPS, certificates etc.
- Know the fundamentals of HTML;
- Knowledge of XPath and regular expressions an advantage;
- Structured, organised, detail oriented;
- Team player;
- IT High School Graduate / ongoing studies in IT field.
What we offer:
- Work in a modern environment working from a great office with nice recreation areas;
- Training and support;
- Private health insurance;
- Meal tickets;
- Bonus based on number of tickets solved, resolution time and quality of extracted data. Our bonus scheme is put together to be obtainable with a reasonable time and effort;
- Flexible part- time schedule(4h/ day) Monday to Friday;
- Great diversity with people from multiple nationalities working in the company.